Listening to podcasts helps me stay focused on being an entrepreneur and keeping track of keeping track of my direction to get to my end goal. I love to listen to others peoples experiences in the creative entrepreneur world, learn that more people face similar problems and how others move passed and over come situations.
I recently started listening to the podcast Being Boss by Emily Thompson & Kathleen Shannon. This is a brilliant podcast for creative entrepreneurs. As both the hosts work in web design and branding, so straight away I connect on a business level and can relate to so many things they mention in the podcast.
Here are my important take outs and reminders, from the episodes I have listened to so far, but I do recommend listening as there is so many wises words that can help on an entrepreneurs journey.
- Do the work . It doesn’t matter where or how, just get up and do the work to make your business run as you want it to. In my case, this is getting out my PC and start on a project, opening the file to start and focus.
- Have a clear end goal and make a to do list which is your plan to get to your main goal. I love to make a list of the three most important tasks I have to do each day, if I get them all done, then I feel I have achieved something and can say that I have had a good day.
- Money is energy. There is not enough money – There is not enough energy. You need to have the right energy to handle money.
- Know how much your spend and how much you earn, keep on top of your money so you don’t get caught out.
- Make space for your ideal client with the law of attraction. Blank spaces that you can fill with your ideal client, media goals, mailing list.
- What can you do today to make 100€? When you don’t know what to do, focus on what you can do to make 100€.
- Stop doing jobs you don’t enjoy – Do what you love. Only offer and do the work that you want to do, that keeps in step with your end goal.